Friday, January 6, 2017

Thursday Movie Picks #130: Legal Thrillers



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share three movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.


---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Legal Thrillers

---


Happy New Year everyone!!! Hope you all had a great holiday. I'm actually glad the season is over, because the TV shows I'm following are coming back from their break. Anyway...back to today's theme. I'm picking the ones I like.

The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)
Basically we follow a lawyer who works out of his Lincoln car, hence the name, as he is asked to defend some rich guy accused of assaulting a prostitute, but soon finds out that things are not as the guy claims. I didn't think I would like this, but it's quite good and Ryan Phillippe who plays like this preppy country cluby rich guy is so good at being totally hateable.

Michael Clayton (2007)
Love this one. I think it's one of the best dialogue rich movies. George Clooney plays a fixer for a law firm and is tasked to fix "a situation" where one of the firm's own lawyer suffers a public meltdown that may affect they current big case.

The Client (1994)
A boy and his younger brother sees a mob's lawyer commit suicide. While the shock causes the younger brother to go into a catatonic state, the D.A. thinks the older boy may too have seen and heard more than he's telling. The mob pretty much have the same idea and is eager to silence the boy. I have not seen this a long time, but I remember it being very good, especially Brad Renfro who put in a pretty great performance as the older boy.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this meme, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers
 

15 comments:

  1. The Client is a tense film, not quite as good as the book but a decent film. Michael Clayton was interesting but I haven't watched it since that first time. Didn't think much of Lincoln Lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read quite a number of Grishams's earlier books, but The Client was not one of them. I think because it was one I saw the movie first and like it so much, so I just didn't seek the book.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen any of these, but they all sound great. I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen The Lincoln Lawyer and Michael Clayton though I did like The Client. Here's my first contribution for the first piece of the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this the first time you've joined us ever? Welcome!! Glad you joined us. You don't really have to put a link in your comments. The link in the inlinkz widget is there to make it easier for everyone to visit everyone's blog.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy my selection of rather older legal thrillers here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for joining us for this theme.
      The same as my comment above. You just need to put your link in the inlinkz widget.

      Delete
  5. Not seen these BUT The Client sounds awesome! Alas poor Brad Renfro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Client is awesome. Yes! Gone too young. I've always thought he was a good actor.

      Delete
  6. I've only seen Michael Clayton but that was a long time, perhaps worth another visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We matched on The Lincoln Lawyer! I really need to see Michael Clayton, the trailers just didn't grab me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't!!! Get to it. I don't think I've ever seen the trailer myself. I just saw it because it was back then a new movie out on rental.

      Delete
  8. I have seen parts of The Client. I enjoyed Michael Clayton but I can't remember much so i should see it again. I haven't seen the Lincoln film but sounds intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like The Lincoln Lawyer. A very solid movie that's become a bit overshadowed by McConaughey's other work. The performances in Michael Clayton are just superb. I've only seen bits and pieces of The Client. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lincoln Lawyers...I agree...I think it did everything it needed to do...enough drama, action and thrills to be a competent legal thriller.
      Ahh...another one with bits and pieces of The Client.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...