Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thursday Movie Picks #106: Summer Camp



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share three movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple simple: Each week there is a topic for you to create a list of three movies. Your picks can either be favourites/best, worst, hidden gems, or if you're up to it one of each.For further details visit the series main page here.


---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Summer Camp

---


Ahh summer camp. I've been to the shorter few days type of camp and can't say I'm a fan of them. I much prefer the comforts of home and watch TV, hence the blog right. I know there's like the teen comedy and horror summer camp sub genre, but my picks today are the more kid friendly variety because I just haven't seen a lot of the former.

Standing Up (2013)
Two kids, both victims of a prank at summer camp, runs away. A sweet movie about two outcasts becoming friends. If you like Flipped, I think you'll enjoy this as well.

Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
Two kids in love decide to run away; one from home and the other from Scouts camp. What is it with running away from camp? This movie is just super cute. It pretty much has everything I expect and love from a Wes Anderson movie.

The Parent Trap (1998)
Twins separated when their parents divorced finally meet at summer camp. Haven't seen this probably since I was a tween myself, but I do remember enjoying it a lot. And wasn't Lindsay Lohan just cute and charming then?

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this meme, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers
 

14 comments:

  1. Nice picks. I liked but didn't love Moonrise Kingdom, it does have its charms though. I enjoyed this version of Parent Trap but my heart belongs to the Hayley Mills original since I grew up on it.

    Haven't seen or heard of Standing Up until now but I like the sound of it and have already queued it up. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. Love to know what you think of Standing Up. Bonus - it also stars Kate Maberly who was Mary in The Secret Garden.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Moonrise Kingdom and The Parent Trap was one I enjoyed a lot as a child. I haven't seen the other pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love these picks! I haven't seen Standing Up but I did like Flipped :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Standing Up doesn't have the romance thing, but the kid characters are about the same age and it is just as well made.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe I didn't think of Moonrise Kingdom! I LOVE that movie so much. This version of The Parent Trap is so good. Lindsay Lohan is so good in it, it's so sad that she succumbed to the darker side of fame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! The movies and shows she's been in as adult are just so bad and her performance as well.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed The Parent Trap a lot as a child. I wonder how I'd feel about it now. Haven't seen the other two picks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moonrise Kingdom is fantastic. And you picked the correct version of The Parent Trap as this is one case where the remake is better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, though I am curious how the original is too.

      Delete
  7. Love Moonrise Kingdom which is one of my picks. I haven't seen the first film but I have seen the original Parent Trap but a long, long time ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Moonrise Kingdom. It's just adorable.

      Delete
  8. I love Moonrise Kingdom, but I didn't think of it for this theme. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...