Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thursday Movie Picks #53: Science Fiction Movies (No Space/Aliens)



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share three movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple simple: Each week there is a topic for you to create a list of three movies. Your picks can either be favourites/best, worst, hidden gems, or if you're up to it one of each.For further details visit the series main page here.


---


This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Science Fiction Movies (No Space/Aliens)

---



I'm going really simple today because I don't think I've watch that many Science Fiction films to get creative with my picks. I'm also hoping to also get some good recommendations today.

Gattaca (1997)
I've been meaning to catch this movie again for quite some time. I've seen it at least twice before but that was more than a decade ago. My memory of the plot has faded, still I remember liking this a lot then.

A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)
Once again I have not seen this in ages. Definitely want to see it again. I do remember A.I. has a very sad ending.

Minority Report (2002)The first time I saw this I was pretty young and I thought it was just a meh movie. Couple of years later I saw it again, and hey it's a pretty smart and cool movie. Plus there's a TV adaptation coming soon right? I looking forward to that.

---

So that's it...my three picks. What three movies made your list today?

---


---


If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this meme, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)


---


Participating Blogs/Bloggers

10 comments:

  1. I've only recently seen Gattaca and thought it was great sci-fi movie - almost picked it myself. I loved Minority Report, remember owning the VHS back in the day too. Pre-crime works! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to rewatch Gattaca, I remember liking that one. I also have an Ethan Hawke film on my list! Oh and I LOVE Minority Report, one of my fave sci-fis of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love AI and Minority Report. A pair of excellent picks, there. Haven't seen Gattaca, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Minority Report! I haven't seen Gattaca but I've been meaning to. I don't remember much about AI, that one needs a rewatch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good call on Gattaca! I actually watched AI again last weekend and hated it. I had seen it before, but all I could remember is my sister complaining about the Blue Fairy story, and now I remember why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved all three of these when they first came out and have not seen any of them since. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choices. I've seen all three. I really like Minority Report, I'd say it's the best of the three. Gattaca isn't something I rewatch often since I'm not a Hawke fan but it was one of his better films and performances. I always found A.I. a chilly exercise but that was okay up until what should have been the ending since it showed a vision of what the piece should be but then it didn't end and what came after was tonally wrong and the film lost me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You went 2/3 Spielberg here, and I commend you. Both great movies. Minority Report is the better one for me, the one I've gone back to more. I so need to see Gattaca. It's all over the place today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked A.I. and Minority Report, almost picked A.I. myself but decided to go with a different approach. I've never seen Gattaca, but from what I just read on IMDb it looks interesting *adds to watch list*

    Mike's Cinema

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only seen AI from this list...which I really liked until the Spielberg, sentimental ending.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...