Saturday, July 19, 2014

This Year's Love ... had better last ...



I'm not sure how everyone else discover music, I do mostly through Movies and TV. This is in part because I hardly listen to the radio and also that I watch a lot of Movies and TV.

I came to know of This Year's Love through the movie Intersections (2013). I don't think the scene in the movie where the song was played was particularly memorable. It was just that, if I remember it correctly, the scene was a quiet reflective moment and so the song was just used perfectly and stood out. It's such a gorgeous song and almost immediately I recognised it must be by David Gray. He has such a distinctive voice. Funny thing is that this song is on Gray's Greatest Hits album which I have but it must have been overshadowed by the other songs on it. Now that I've heard it on Intersections, I can't get it out of my head...or ears I should say. I've been playing it on a loop. It's definitely become one of my favourites. A tad disappointed by the music video, though. It's not really reflective of the song.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...